Updated and Effective as of November 11th, 2022
Non U.S. Users
Our Website and services are not intended for use by persons outside of the United States. This U.S. Policy applies when you interact with us through our services. It also applies anywhere in the U.S. where it is linked. It does not apply to websites and mobile applications of third parties who may connect to or from our Sites and Services; please review the privacy policies on those websites and applications directly to understand their privacy practices. We are not responsible for the content of third party websites and applications that We do not own or control. Healthcare has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party websites.
By providing your contact information to us, you are consenting to receive communications from us directly, on our website, or through a third party. This includes sending surveys and other research materials, newsletters, offers, and promotions to your email. You may unsubscribe from commercial e-mails from us by clicking unsubscribe in the email or by contacting us at the e-mail address below.
Whether you are contacted by us, a third party on our behalf or a Network Partner, you agree to be contacted through the use of emails or, subject to your express opt-in at the time of providing your information, on your landline or mobile phone by live operators, automatic telephone dialing systems, pre recorded messages, and/or text messages regardless of whether you have placed your name or telephone number on a Do Not Call list. You may stop receiving calls and text messages by following the instructions in those messages. Please note that a stop request will only apply to the specific entity to whom such request is directed unless otherwise required by applicable law.
Information We Collect
We typically collect and share/sell the following information within the preceding 12 months either directly from you or from your authorized representative, third parties, or from our service providers. We collect and store any information you enter on our secure servers. This includes:
- Identifiers such as real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers;
- Any personal information described in subdivision (e) of Section 1798.80.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or Federal Law such as age, gender, etc.;
- Commercial Information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an internet website application or advertisement;
- Geolocation data;
- Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information (Please Note: Calls to or from Healthcare are recorded and may be monitored and all interactions you have with our website are recorded);
- Professional and employment-related information;
- Inferences drawn from other information;
- Sensitive Personal Information;
We will retain the above-listed personal information so long as reasonably required and as required by applicable law.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect, sell, or share for various business or operational purposes in addition to the following purposes:
- To provide you with our products and services, including to take steps to enter into a contract for sale or services, process payments, fulfill orders, and send service communications;
- To communicate with you about products or services that may be of interest to you;
- To enable additional features on our Services and to provide you with a personalized service;
- Create custom audiences on social media sites;
- To provide you with excellent service and improve our business, including by understanding our customer base and purchasing trends, understanding marketing, and tailoring advertising to you;
- To detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal, and to comply with legal requirements regarding the provision of products and services;
Some browsers may have a “do not track” feature that could allow you to tell websites that You do not want to have your online activities tracked. Our Sites and Services do not respond to “Do Not Track” signals.
How we protect Your Information
We use a combination of physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect the information we collect through the Sites and Services. While we use these precautions to safeguard your information, we cannot guarantee the security of the networks, systems, servers, devices, and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
Our Sharing of Your Information
- Network Partners: In submitting an inquiry for a health insurance quote, product, or other service provided through the Site, you agree that HealthCare.com may sell to or otherwise share your Information with insurance agents, insurance carriers, other insurance service providers, lead aggregators, and other third parties in our network that provide services to our users (collectively, “Network Partners”) to deliver the quotes, products or services you requested. PLEASE NOTE: the Network Partners with which you are matched may retain or use your Information whether or not you use their services. You should contact these Network Partners directly concerning their privacy and information sharing practices.
- Service Providers: We engage the following types of vendors to perform functions on our behalf such as: billing and collection providers; auditing and accounting firms; professional services consultants; providers of analytics services; security vendors; and IT vendors.
- Social Media Platforms: Whether you choose to interact with us through social media, your interaction with these programs typically allows the social media company to collect some information about you. Please visit the social media companies’ respective privacy policies to better understand their data collection practices and controls they make available to you.
- Trusted Marketing Partners – We reserve the right to share your data with our trusted 3rd party marketing partners. These partners may market to you, via email or through other channels, various products or services that might be of interest.
- Other Situations: We may also disclose your information as allowed by law:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, a request for cooperation from a law enforcement agency, regulatory body, self-regulatory body, or other governmental agency;
- To respond to any complaint;
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding actual or suspected illegal activity or other wrongdoing;
- In connection with a corporate transaction involving HealthCare.com or any HealthCare.com Affiliate, such as a sale of HealthCare.com or any entity, brand or division thereof, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, asset sale, or bankruptcy.
- In connection with state and/or federal licensing or other legal requirements. You authorize HealthCare.com to obtain any and all required information from the Network Partners to whom you were matched with in order for HealthCare.com to comply with current laws and regulations as well as with any requests from state or federal regulators.
Additional Information About our Data Collection and Sharing Practices
Sharing of Aggregated Data: We may analyze aggregated, de-identified data and share these analyses at our discretion, including with marketing agencies, media agencies and analytics providers. These other companies will not be able to relate this data to identifiable individuals.
Data Collected From You About Others: If you decide to invite others to the Site, we will collect your and the other person’s names, email addresses, and/or phone numbers in order to send an email or text message and follow up with the other person. You hereby agree that you will obtain the other person’s consent to this before giving us their contact information. You hereby agree not to send us the contact information of any legal minor. We will inform any other person you invite that you gave us his or her information in the invitation email.
Change of Ownership or Corporate Organization: We may transfer to another entity or its affiliates or service providers some or all information about you in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, acquisition, sale of assets or any line of business, change in ownership control, or financing transaction. We cannot promise that an acquiring party or the merged entity will have the same privacy practices or treat your information the same as described in this Policy.
Cross-border Transfer of Data: If you use our Services outside of the United States, you understand that we may collect, process, and store your information in the United States and other countries. The laws in the U.S. regarding information may be different from the laws of your state or country. Any such transfers will comply with safeguards as required by relevant law. By using the Services, you consent to the collection, international transfer, storage, and processing of your data.
Our Practices Regarding Information Belonging to Children: We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personally identifiable information from anyone under 13 years of age. If we determine upon collection that a user is under this age, we will not use or maintain his/her PII without the parent/guardian’s consent. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected PII from a child under the age of 13, we will make reasonable and diligent efforts to delete such information from our records.
Your Options and Rights
If at any time you do not wish to receive communications, including advertising from Us, you may opt-out by following the instructions included in any communication received from us. In addition, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also opt-out of the sale of personal data by emailing us or using the contact form. If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about our business dealings with you.
California and Virginia Consumer Privacy Rights
Persons with disabilities may obtain this notice in alternative format upon request by contacting us at email@example.com.
Residents of California and Virginia may have the right to request, through a verifiable consumer request, that a business disclose certain information. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we may disclose:
- The categories of personal information that we have collected, disclosed or sold about that consumer.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom the business shares personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
You have the right to request access to Personal Information collected about you and information regarding the source of that information, the purposes for which we collect it, and the third parties and service providers with whom we share it. To protect your Personal Information, we are required to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
You have the right to request in certain circumstances that we delete or correct any Personal Information that we have collected directly from you. To protect our customers’ Personal Information, we are required to verify your identity before we can act on your request. We may have a reason under the law why we do not have to comply with your request, or why we may comply with it in a more limited way than you anticipated. If we do, we will explain that to you in our response.
You have the right to be free from discrimination based on your exercise of your rights. We may run promotions from time to time whereby we incentivize a consumer to share certain pieces of information with us; for example, we may offer a one-time discount if consumers sign up for our email marketing list. Participation in these incentives is voluntary, and you may opt out of the data sharing at any time.
Right to Opt Out of Sale of Personal Information to Third Parties
We sell information we collect to our Network Partners and other third parties, in order to provide you with targeted services and offers. A company may be considered a third party either because the purpose of sharing is not an enumerated business purpose under the law, or because our contract does not restrict them from using Personal Information for other purposes.
To exercise your right to opt-out of the sale of your information, please contact us at 1-888-987-4420 or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may maintain or disclose information to other entities who are not listed here when required by law or to protect our Company or other persons, as described in this Policy.
How to Submit a Request For Information to Healthcare:
You may submit a request to exercise your rights through any one of these means:
- By sending an email to email@example.com
- Calling us at 1 888-987-4420
You may authorize another individual or a business registered with your state’s Secretary of State, called an authorized agent, to make requests on your behalf. We require that you and the individual complete notarized affidavits in order to verify the identity of the authorized agent and confirm that you have authorized them to act on your behalf. Parents of minor children may submit a birth certificate of the child in lieu of an affidavit, in order to make requests on the child’s behalf. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to This Policy
We may make changes to this Policy from time to time. We will post any changes and such changes will become effective when they are posted. Your continued use of our Services following the posting of any changes will mean you accept those changes.
Phone: 1 888-987-4420