If you have started a health insurance application but were not able to complete it, you will have extended time to finish enrolling beyond the February 15 deadline in many states and at healthcare.gov. In California, you have until February 20 to finish your application. In New York, you have until February 28.
Officials at healthcare.gov have said individuals will have ‘extra time’ to complete an application if there is a verified record that an individual has started an application. If you apply online and have technical problems, look for a ‘yellow flag.’ That means you can save your application and it finish later. They have not yet confirmed exactly how many extra days a person will receive to finish an application, but spare time will be allowed..
- Start your application NOW
- Keep a record of when you submitted it — or if by phone document WHOM you spoke with, and at what time of day.
And then, as soon as possible, complete your application. It will have an effective date of March 1, if you requested that date.
- Steep Penalty For Not Buying Health Insurance Becomes Reality in 2016 - December 15, 2015
- New Affordable Care Act Customers Surpass 1 Million Mark - December 11, 2015
- First Time Buyers Guide For Health Insurance - December 10, 2015
- Being Uninsured: By Choice or Circumstance? - December 4, 2015
- Now Is The Time To Use Your Health Insurance - December 2, 2015
- Three Healthcare Stories To Help You Shop Before Deadline - November 30, 2015
- Learn What The Health Insurance Metal Levels Mean - November 20, 2015
- How Health Insurance Is Like Car Insurance, And What Can Happen If You Go Uninsured - November 18, 2015
- How Does a Health Insurance Deductible Work? - November 13, 2015
- Should Smokers Pay More For Health Insurance? - November 11, 2015