Your health protection isn’t complete without oral health.
Isn’t your mouth a very important part of your body? It can also be a hang-out for disease that can result in other health problems.
Health experts are finding that bacteria and inflammation in the mouth can be linked to other health problems. Over the years the list of health problems has grown and now includes:
- Heart disease
- Rheumatoid arthritis; and
- Premature birth
Not a pretty story, but it makes sense when you think of dental plaque – or biofilm – as a colony of bacteria living on gum tissue, teeth and crowns. Many experts believe oral bacteria – and related inflammation – escape into the bloodstream and cause trouble elsewhere in the body.
That’s why it’s well worth thinking about dental insurance.
Adults and children need dental benefits, which usually include a combination of regular checkups, cleanings, x-rays, and other services needed to promote general dental health. Of course, premiums vary widely. But that also means that plans are customizable for your own needs. Some require a financial contribution – or co-pay – on your part when you access services. Others will require you to meet a deductible before procedures are covered. Many plans cover certain types of oral surgery, dental implants, or orthodontia. Frequently, there’s a specific limit for coverage in a year.
In other words, there are plenty of ways to meet your dental health needs.
- Steep Penalty For Not Buying Health Insurance Becomes Reality in 2016 - December 15, 2015
- New Affordable Care Act Customers Surpass 1 Million Mark - December 11, 2015
- First Time Buyers Guide For Health Insurance - December 10, 2015
- Being Uninsured: By Choice or Circumstance? - December 4, 2015
- Now Is The Time To Use Your Health Insurance - December 2, 2015
- Three Healthcare Stories To Help You Shop Before Deadline - November 30, 2015
- Learn What The Health Insurance Metal Levels Mean - November 20, 2015
- How Health Insurance Is Like Car Insurance, And What Can Happen If You Go Uninsured - November 18, 2015
- How Does a Health Insurance Deductible Work? - November 13, 2015
- Should Smokers Pay More For Health Insurance? - November 11, 2015